This was the first year we were at home for Halloween (since having children). We went up to Ms Jen's House (Fletcher seems to think Mr. Clay does not live there...but he does...along with his children...). But to Fletcher, it's Ms. Jen's House. We ate pizza and then got dressed up. Hank did not want to wear his lion mane and Fletcher's hat did not stay on long. Joe made a last minute costume decision. After some pictures we worked our way through most of our small neighborhood.
Here is the best picture Jen got of Fletcher, Hank, Joe, and Holden on her front steps.
Holden was a giraffe.
Fletcher was a construction worker.
Both sets of Godparents sent the boys something. Dave and Michelle sent Fletcher some gummy worms and a card. Joey and Janet sent Holden a pumpkin basket and a card. After seeing his name on it, I asked Jen if she could put Fletcher's name on his basket that he got from Grandma and Grandpa Cunningham two years ago and she is going to!
I took some pictures of Holden earlier in the day in this trick-or-treat shirt. Fletcher got to wear his costume to school and they had a Halloween party. (You can see that the camera I've been using still has the water spots in the lense...so I got a lot of the pictures in this post from Jen.)
Both boys got a little gift from their grandparents in the mail. They each added $6 to their personal savings accounts. They have a little collection of Halloween cards around here!
Fletcher figured out what Halloween was all about last year...CANDY! There was no surprise this year when he was very excited to go trick-or-treating. Before we went over to our friends' house, I told him he would be allowed to have two pieces on Halloween night and then one piece each day after that. There was no fussing at this rule during the evening. He even ate one piece of candy while trying to trick-or-treat. There was no fighting it when it was time to give Mommy the stash. He did great.
Once we got home, I sifted through his stash and put some of it out in the bowl on the porch to give away. Then I hid his remaining candy up in the cabinet. He had a wonderful Halloween 2012 and Holden was awesome on his first Halloween night! Once he started fussing, we just walked down the street and went home! Happy Halloween!










1 comment:
They look so cute! The changing leaves look beautiful,too!
Post a Comment