We went to Jesse's work party first and then went straight over to the church for Trunk or Treat. The weather took a turn and instead of being sunny and warm, it was windy and cold with a little rain. Along the coast they were starting to deal with more of Hurricane Sandy, so we'll take a little wind and a light shower. Both parties were inside. (They moved the church one indoors.) It was a busy afternoon and evening, but I'm glad we made it to both.
I was Facebook and went with my little giraffe and Fletcher the Fixer. Everyone kept asking him if he was Bob the Builder and he had no idea who they were talking about.
We took some pictures at home before heading out. I couldn't find a child-size vest without buying a whole outfit. He had everything else for everyday playtime, so I made his orange shirt look like a safety vest with electrical and yellow duct tape.
We took some pictures as we headed into the party.
There were so many games and prizes and things to do. They had food, but we didn't eat. They had a picture backdrop, but we didn't take pictures. They had crafts, but we only did one. They had some games that we didn't play. They had a magician and after about 10 minutes, I decided that Fletcher was a little too young to understand his humor and he didn't like how loud he was in the speakers. Which meant we got to play games in a less crowded area even though there were over one hundred people there, for sure.
He tossed beanbags into a jack-o-lantern and he got a tattoo. (That pumpkin looking thing between her arms and by her chest in the picture is actually her pregnant belly painted like a pumpkin.) He tossed rings on witches hats, he won the cake walk, he got an extra prize at the lollipop pegboard picture, and he was overstimulated by all of the characters wandering around and all of the things to do. He kept trying to eat his candy as we walked around, which didn't make anything easy. We also completed a scavenger hunt (finding different characters in costume) and got an extra prize.
Holden met my friend, Michele, but mostly he stayed in Opa's arms. He was not a happy giraffe. He was a hungry giraffe though and had a couple bottles while we were there for the short time. He just wouldn't get happy and I thought Fletcher enjoyed it enough, so we ended our time at the first party and went to church.
Shortly after we got in the car, Holden fell asleep, but as soon as I opened the back door, he woke up, so he just got a ten minute power nap in between his fits of unhappiness. So, he sat at a table with Oma and Opa while I walked Fletcher into the games and crafts area. He tossed more bean bags, made a bookmark, got another tattoo, played another game, and he went trunk or treating, without the trunks. People just sat inside to hand out candy. He got handfuls because they were trying to give it away. He also wanted to eat as much of it as he could.
We took turns eating dinner so we could tend to Holden, who was still not happy even after I took off the giraffe costume and let him hang out in his Casper outfit. After dinner, we headed home. There I gave Fletcher some time to get the sugar out of his system and Holden was a happy camper just laughing and playing all over the living room!








1 comment:
Finally catching up on all my blog reading...wanted to make sure I said "Hi!"
Post a Comment