Saturday, October 6, 2012

Holden's Seventh Month

Here are pictures from things not covered in the other posts during Holden's 7th Month, which seems to be the quickest month so far! I'm having trouble keeping up with everything! Remember, with this post and all the others...you can click on the pictures to see them larger. This especially helps with the collages.

I had grandiose plans of holding an arts and crafts morning every other Saturday at our house. We've had one. But it was fun. Claire and Greyson came over and between Lauren and I juggling the babies, I managed to guide Claire and Fletcher through two planned activities. We did some apple printing and some marble rolling art.



Fletcher loves being outdoors. He also loves dirt. So, somehow he manages to find it in our yard. We've had some pretty dirty days, but I guess that's what being a kid is all about sometimes.


Go D-backs! The Diamondbacks are our baseball team and thanks to Grandma and Grandpa, the boys have been able to sport the spirit around here. I managed to get a couple shots of them together.


Knuckles is never far and worries about all of us all the time.


I spend most of the time juggling these two boys, of course. So, when I told Fletcher to wait on the couch one night for stories and I took Holden to his room to put him down, I came back to find this. He's not normally that quiet for that long, so I figured something was up, but this is not typically what I come to find.


Holden shares Fletcher's love for the outdoors. However, I don't let him roam around on the ground. He's normally in my lap, the exersaucer, or on a blanket, where he'll still manage to grab grass by the handful and it's an endless battle to keep it away from his mouth. One of his favorite spots inside is by the open front door. He just loves looking out there and I'd love to get in his mind and see what he's coming up with in those pondering moments.



We had our first combo bath this month. It doesn't really save time, but they seem to enjoy it. Every night it's something new, depending on how I'm juggling them and the timeline, etc., but some nights they get to splash together.


I managed to steer Fletcher clear of the wine rack, but Holden has forced me to empty it and move it upstairs. Stinker! Now when I get the urge for a glass, I have to work a little harder for it. He also continues to go for tags on anything, the dog dishes, and the cords of the monitors. He goes straight for the garbage cans in the bathrooms, so those are now on the countertops. Two other things I kept from Fletcher that Holden just won't give up on are: the little rubber stoppers on the doorstoppers. So most have been removed completely so he doesn't choke on them, and the little covers for the bolts on the sides of the toilets. I mean, really??? Why?


He loves this ball toy from Aunt Amy and his future Uncle Budd. They bought it for Fletcher, but I was shocked to see that Holden knew to pick up the hammer and hit the balls! He must be observing when Fletcher, Joe, and Hank all have a go at it.


This is how my youngest sleeps. He's so darn cute!


This is how my oldest does not cooperate on picture day. He's so darn stubborn. New Image Photography came to his school and took his fall pictures. His teacher told me that they tried their best to get him to smile, but this is what we got! When I was telling him earlier in the morning to smile for pictures, he was already telling me that he wasn't going to. UGH!




I can't believe fall is completely underway now and Holden's 7th month is over, but I am SO GLAD I jumped on the blog bandwagon to document it all because I haven't made a dent in the baby book or scrapbook for Holden and I'm far behind on the books kept for Fletcher. So, at least I have the blog to refer to!

No comments: