Monday, October 15, 2012

Field Trip To Canady Farm

On Friday, Fletcher's school had a field trip to a local farm. Since they can't transport children his age, I had to drive him. I don't mind. I like things like this and am glad I got to go and even happier that they don't mind me bringing Holden along! So...Holden's first pumpkin patch was Fletcher's second field trip! The weather was gorgeous and the owners of the farm were wonderful. We were their third group EVER! Apparently this is the first year that they are open, so they told us they are learning. But the entire morning was just great! I'm so glad I'm able to go with them on things like this.


The first thing we did was look at some birds and a bunny near the picnic tables. (We were waiting for everyone else.) When the group got there, we took a wagon ride to the animal pens.


They handed out food to feed the pigs, goats, cows, and donkeys that greeted us.


The pigs went crazy when the owner threw a pumpkin into their pen. The kids loved it!



After that, we went on a nature walk and learned about all sorts of trees. I suggested that they advertise to schools in the area for field trips around Arbor Day and Earth Day. I only took a picture of the state tree...The Loblolly Pine Tree. I learned a legend about the Dogwood Tree. It was the tree used to make the cross that Jesus died on. It used to grow tall and straight, but after being used to crucify Jesus, it has never again grown that large. (So it can never again be used for that purpose.)

Fletcher was so happy to get to hold Mr. Charles' hand on the walk. He's the director of the daycare and preschool. We also got to see a large spider and cow bones. The kids really enjoyed the bones.


Once we took the wagon ride back, we wandered through a corn maze in small groups. Then we took a bunch of pictures.


They took pictures of each class. Fletcher is in Ms. CC's (Christina's) class right now. However, he's in two of the group pictures because they are moving him out of the two-year-old room and up with the three-year-olds. I don't know if they are feeding me a line, but they say he's the most mature and further along the developmental timeline than his peers. So you'll see him here with Ms. CC's class and Ms. Sheila's class.


After picture poses, the kids played some games that the owner had set up for them and then at lunch in their shaded picnic area.


We hung around a little bit longer and I took more pictures and picked out a pumpkin to purchase with Fletcher.



Oh...we did get a whole group picture in as well.


I just had to take some pictures of Holden with the pumpkins and props since this was his very first farm and pumpkin patch! You can see he was very interested in the hay, just like Fletcher was with his first pumpkin and hay encounter.






1 comment:

Melissa said...

What great photos and a fantastic experience! I agree...hard to put a price tag on getting to participate in these sorts of things. :)