Saturday, September 29, 2012

Georgia Peaches

Well I took the kids to another state for the day! (Fletcher has now been to 9 states and D.C. and one other country. Holden has now been to 5 states.) Augusta, GA is only about an hour from Columbia, SC, so when making plans to catch up with some friends that we met in Germany, I decided it would be easier on them and us if we went to Columbia and stayed at Oma and Opa's house and just drove to Augusta for the day. So, that is what we did!

Meredith was a substitute teacher at the school I taught at in Mannheim, so that's how we all met way back in the 2004-05 school year. Since then we've been here and after they left Germany later, they've been to two spots in Georgia and are gearing up to move to Texas. So...before they went further West, I really wanted to get together with them! So here's our short visit to Luke and Meredith's house to visit them and meet their little Elena, who happens to be 17 days younger than Holden!



We hung out indoors and ate lunch, took pictures, and let the kids play. Then we went to the playground that is just outside their building.



This was a self-portrait with my camera, but when Luke got home, he took a picture of us on the couch.



We leaned over to try and include someone that wasn't cooperating.


Then I got a picture of the three of them. I can't believe it's been six full years since I last saw them. In fact, we stayed our final night in Germany at their apartment. Meredith cooked us some steak and the next morning we went to Weinheim for one last breakfast before heading to the airport in Frankfurt to head back to the U.S. I'll never forget it!


No comments: