Monday, April 30, 2012

Fletcher's Birthday Party

The Sunday before Fletcher's birthday, we had people over for a party. The kids played inside and outside, we sang Happy Birthday and had cake and some finger foods. He opened his gifts toward the very end and we were very happy to have Daddy here this year to celebrate on his actual special day!

Here's the truck cake I made following a recipe I found online.




Jesse decorated the dirty cupcakes.







Fletcher needed help blowing out the candles and he also insisted on feeding some to his father.








I don't think the children complained about the dessert...








All of them seemed to enjoy playing in the backyard too.














Here are two of my neighbor friends, Heather and Jen.


As the party was winding down, we moved indoors to cool off. The weather was gorgeous all weekend, but a little on the hot side.




When it was just the Cerra Twins and Daniels Boys left, we went ahead and let Fletcher open up his gifts from the guests. He got more than a boy could want, and showed a lot of enthusiasm this year!






He did stop to kiss his brother though too.



After everyone was gone, he decided to go for more cake since he only had a tiny bit during the party.



Play foam (as it's called at the teacher store) or Floam (as it's called at the toy store) was what I decided to give away as a party favor this year, although I completely forgot to hand them out as people were leaving! The night before, I opened a bunch of the pods I had purchased and combined the colors so each child could have a mix of colors.


This party was also an opportunity for some of our friends to get to meet and hold Holden, so he was passed around when he wasn't nursing or sleeping. Here he is with Michelle, Cindy, Dorothy, and Dave.








3 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy birthday Fletcher!

The Neerings Family said...

LOVE the cake!!! Awesome job! I also hate forgetting to give out the favors, that always happens. I have found myself in recent years chasing down guests as they leave!

Melissa said...

What a GREAT cake!! I love Fletcher's expressions with some of the toys. Priceless!
P.S. I like your haircut!