Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa Are Here!

My parents arrived on Tuesday to pay us a visit for Holden's Baptism this weekend and his first birthday. We didn't have a whole lot planned, except for Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday, so I decided to take them to a winery that is about 40 minutes from our house. I never knew it existed until a couple years ago. After my brother and his family came for a visit, they met people moving into their neighborhood that were from here and told him about their favorite winery in the area...Cypress Bend Vineyards in Wagram, NC. So, we made a day of it.





We have driven on the main road through this town countless times since we moved here in 2006. We would have never known that this place was just one meandering road away. We had the whole place to ourselves, but apparently they get very busy for movie nights and Jazzy Fridays, where they have live music and dancing. They also do several events there. They specialize in sweet wines, which really aren't my fave, but they have a couple that I like and it was just nice to try something new in the area.







Fletcher played at a neighbor's house so Holden had us all to himself at the vineyard. One of the collages above shows him waving...I finally caught that with the camera! Fletcher and Holden really like having a special visit from Grandma and Grandpa Cunningham!




No comments: