Friday, July 19, 2013

I Met Eric Carle!


We headed to the mountains of North Carolina for a week and when I was looking for things to do in the area, I came across a free public event at Appalachian State University. (That's the "other ASU.")


So, after our four hour trip, I helped unload the car and then took off on my own to attend Eric Carle's public speaking event at ASU's College of Education.





He shared about his life and how his career unfolded. It was very inspirational and I absolutely loved it! After a few hours of listening to him connect his work to his life, we were invited to view the gallery there.


I walked around and took a bunch of pictures, thinking the line would draw down by the time I'd go to get some books signed. I was wrong. I still had to wait for a few hours, but I did get him to sign a book for each boy and a blank sheet of paper for me...as inspiration that he started with nothing but a piece of paper too.





This week was also when I launched my new blog, Learn Like A Mom (learnlikeamom.com). I wrote a Road Trip Packing List post and a post about this event as two of my first posts. Since then I've added a whole lot more to that blog...which is why I'm actually writing this post on the 3rd of November and scheduling it for back in July! Sorry I've been neglecting it so much, but it's not because I've stopped blogging here! If you'd like to hear regularly from me on a different platform, follow Learn Like A Mom! (I'm on most social media as that as well.) In the meantime, I am going to try my best to catch up around here!

No comments: