Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fun With Friends!

After a morning of breakfast with Santa, we stopped by our friend Adelyn's house and Fletcher played with her toys. Then we went down the street to the park. (I wish there was a playground within walking distance of our house!) I couldn't get them both to look at the camera at the same time. Little Miss UGA taught Fletcher how to climb all over the equipment and more. I swear I lose several heartbeats every time I'm around her! It's amazing how much they have grown. (She is the little one that is two days older than Fletcher and has appeared on this blog many times.)



Claire lives across the street. She is 2.5 months older than Fletcher. Her mom and I do a trade off each week. One day I watch Claire and one day she watches Fletcher for about an hour and half. These two really enjoy the time together. It has helped both of us out now that we're both expecting again. She's due 3 weeks before me. So...we try to schedule doctor appointments around the times we know work best for these playdates.


Claire helped Fletcher make these ornaments for a mini tree that we are borrowing from another neighbor this year. (I wanted some decorations in the house, but can't imagine getting on the ladder and taking containers down and out of the garage and trying to put everything up on my own in this 3rd trimester.)


I think Fletcher thought they were under mistletoe. Claire knew they weren't.


After she left, I took out some of the Christmas gifts. "No touch" has been said several times for presents and the decorations.


On another day, we invited Joe and Hank down to the house (other neighbors) to help us decorate the gingerbread house that Grandma mailed Fletcher. Hank took a nap while Joe and Fletcher dug in. They both started out decorating. Then Fletcher discovered that he could actually eat everything in front of him and lost interest in sticking things on the house. So Joe got most of his candy to add to the house. Joe took a few nibbles, but was able to concentrate while snacking.



I was not fond of this house the night before. The pieces don't line up properly and I was having to use canned goods to help hold up the sides and roof. I had to get the foundation done so the frosting holding it all together could dry before they got to decorate. Then, I decided to just mop the house with the frosting and let them place the candies.


It has currently been set in three different places around our house because Fletcher knows he can eat it. He actually said, "CHEESE!" for this picture.


Then he opened up two Christmas presents from the Daniels family and Joe and Hank opened up their Christmas presents from us.




Fletcher wanted to hold Hank. You can see what Hank thought of that idea, but he was much happier in Mama's lap after opening his puzzle.

No comments: