Anyway, here are two preggers pics for those of you that like to see them. The stretch marks have appeared like crazy over the last two weeks, so that's cool. No, really...I like them. As does anyone who's had them, I'm sure. I've used Bio Oil and Palmer's Stretch Mark Lotion. I've heard Maderma is good. If you have any advice for helping them lessen after the baby is here, I'd love to hear it. (I normally don't ask for lots of advice and get a ton of unsolicited advice about everything with my body or with my offspring to come, so if I'm asking, I really do want to hear it.) Sorry I sound so grouchy! I can't blame it on sleep deprivation. I caught up on a TON of sleep last night when Jesse slept elsewhere and I took a long nap after church this morning. I guess I just have a lot on my mind and hormones running wild.
I hope you have a great Holy Week and a very happy Easter Sunday next week!
Anna at 36 weeks pregnant:
Anna at 38 weeks pregnant:
4 comments:
Oh stretch marks...blah! I saw a new laser treatment on the news last week that is supposed to be the best at making them go away. But at $300 per treatment and at least 6 treatments needed for most cases, I doubt that will ever happen for me. And I have them like crazy around my sides because Owen stretched me sooo straight out that I doubt even a tummy tuck would work...their wouldn't be enough left to tuck! Maderma does have a new product that is marketed just for stretch marks, I may have to try it. I did the little tiny tubes, but at $11 a pop I couldn't support that habit long! Wish I had better advice. I just heard if your mom had them you probably will too...my mom did and so I did too. :o(
But I'm a mom, so who needs to see my stomach anyway?
P.S. I used up all 6 weeks of my sick time, and then had 6 weeks unpaid. Well, sort of. I had short term disability so I got a lump sum after I had her. It was at the beginning of the year so I worked with my sub during the summer getting things ready. But missing the first 3 months of school was tough.
Will you go back a bit to close out the year? Are you returning next school year?
Isn't unsolicited advice the best!?! Ha ha. I would GO OFF on people who gave me advice towards the end of my pregnancy. The best is when people ask "you are STILL pregnant?" Ummmmm YES, please don't remind me! :)
Anyways, try using vaseline on your belly. I used that and then put on an old tank (that I could toss) and slept overnight with the vaseline. If your stomach itches, use Sarna. Mine itched like crazy toward the end.
Good luck. Your baby boy is ALMOST here!!!
Post a Comment