Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break

I posted on Facebook earlier this week that it felt weird not going somewhere or being somewhere already for spring break. I got to thinking about how long ago it was that I didn't go anywhere. The answer? Spring break of 1996 was the last time I did not take a trip. It was that spring break of Sophomore Year of high school that I got my wisdom teeth pulled. Here's the rundown of the spring breaks that followed:

1997: Trip to Northern Arizona University with Jeremy Lilly. I visited Jeff Weisner and my brother, Aaron. Jeremy visited his own friends. (It was then that I decided not to attend NAU because they still had snow on the ground and it was cold. I figured in Tempe, I could do anything all year if I wanted to because the weather was warmer.)

1998: Trip to University of Wisconsin in Madison to visit Sam Ullery. I had met him in the summer of 1996 on a swim trip to Australia and long story short: We had a thing for each other for several years but due to different circumstances, it didn't work out. Great, great guy though.

1999: Trip to San Diego, California with my sister, Amy. We visited Kerri Felcyn (her former college roommate from UNM) and I met up with some of my college friends.

2000: Trip to Greece with Marcella Martinez. She was another student from ASU studying abroad in Florence, Italy at the time. There was a train strike the morning we were supposed to catch the train from Florence to Rome to catch our flight and we happened to luck out that another guy from our school was waiting for the car rental agency to open that morning so he could drive to the Rome airport to pick up his girlfriend. So we got a ride with him, or we may have never made it! Athens, Mykonos, Paros, Ios, and Santarini were our stops!

2001: Trip to Orlando, Florida with Liz LeMoine (my college roommate), Aaron (my brother), Ralph Imhoff (his friend). Jesse (my boyfriend, now husband) met us there from Sicily, Italy.

2002: Trip to San Diego, California. I stayed with Kerri Felcyn again ('cause she's awesome!)and looked at various schools and districts for job information. Of course I was there because Jesse was stationed at Coronado at the time.

2003: Trip to Cuba to visit Jesse. (This was probably one of the craziest trips I went on due to overbooked airlines and my destination, my luggage getting lost, and the time actually spent with Jesse in the end.) However, we did decide by the end of the visit to get married, so I started making wedding arrangements when I got home.

2004: Trip to Weinheim, Germany. We actually just moved to Germany and I think we were still settling about the time spring break came.

2005: Trip to Tenerife in the Canary Islands. We went on our own, but met up for a tour with our friends, Dave & Michelle Thornton.

2006: Trip to Soma Bay on the Red Sea in Egypt and a day trip to Luxor, Egypt.

2007: Trip to Key West, Florida to visit Dave & Michelle Thornton.

2008: Trip to Los Cabos, Mexico.

2009: Trip to Aruba was planned, but had to cancel due to Jesse's schedule, so back up was a fun trip to Phoenix, Arizona to visit my family.

2010: Staycation in Raeford, North Carolina as we anxiously await the arrival of our baby, whom at this point in time has no desire to join us outside the womb. So, it's been a much needed relaxing week. I am finding it interesting how quickly the week goes by even when you don't go anywhere.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow, I'm so jealous of how much you travel!! I still have that moon that you got me in Greece in 2000. I love that thing!!!

The Neerings Family said...

Well, today is the big EDD! I was beginning to wonder if you had him since I hadn't seen any activity on FB. Glad I checked here! Enjoy your time before he comes!