Here are some random pictures from spring. I'm sure they'll upload out of order, so I'll just comment on them as you scroll down. Recently, Holden had his 15 month well-check. He weighs 23 pounds (25th percentile), is 31 and 3/4 inches tall (75th percentile), and has a head circumference of 48.8 centimeters (78th percentile). He is a very busy boy and they weren't worried about his weight at all. He's just little to us because of his big brother's stats. But, he is healthy and there's no need for us to worry.
I joined a gym in March, after Holden turned one. (If your child is under one year old, you have to make an appointment to go and I didn't want to deal with that. I also wasn't fond of the idea of him sleeping at the gym.) Let's just say, it finally felt like it was time to designate some time to my health.
Here he is on his first day in a social setting. It's not daycare or school, but it will serve as his main source of socialization for quite awhile. It took a little getting used to, but after two weeks, he was good!
He likes to help with the dishes.
He likes to crawl on everything he can. At the gym they even said he tries to provide some table dancing entertainment.
Fletcher is growing so quickly too and his mind is simply expanding!
Holden also likes to help with laundry now!
The boys play together (and fight often). When they can't be outdoors, they will look outside as much as they can.
Here they are singing the Toy Story theme song.
Oma got them matching Thomas shirts, so I had to snap a picture for her!
This was a special arrival for Holden over Memorial Day Weekend. My friend from elementary school, junior high, and high school...Vivian...is an amazing artist working in Hollywood, CA. She made a Fetcher for Fletcher when he was one. Now she made a Hedgehog for Holden. She is so talented! Holden also received a special package from Aunt Amy. She made him a crossstitch that is beautiful. As soon as I get it framed, I'll post a picture of it.
Holden goes to the dirtiest places he can find outside. Like the dirt by the gutter spouts, or these vent holes. He'll try to eat bugs and climb on everything he can. I will say that he doesn't have a fear of slides like his brother, but he also wants to explore every inch of our mulch bed!
We still strap him into the high chair, even though he's teetering on the ability to sit in a real chair. We haven't even brought the high chair to the table yet and still use the tray. He likes to try and use a fork now.
Fletcher is grilling on his new grill from his birthday.
This picture is for my friend, Kat...What a difference a year makes! Truly! You may remember seeing Fletcher shake and scream as he "played" the ice cream cone game in May 2012 in Colorado. Well, he got this game for his birthday and he plays it appropriately now.
If Holden is not like this on these chairs,
he's like this.
Fletcher helped me make banana bread.
Holden smears food on his face and in his hair on a regular basis. Here, his chosen make-up is baked beans.
The boys LOVE books! Holden has really, really, REALLY gotten into them lately.
Fletcher really, really, REALLY also likes to watch Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 and Cars 1 and 2.
Holden got sick again...just a bad cold, but it really takes it out of him. Jesse and I got it after him and weren't feeling too swift ourselves. I snuck in and took this picture on my new iPhone. Yep, you heard me right...I'm finally up and with the times. Although I don't think I have any idea on how to use it yet.








1 comment:
You are my blogging idol! I so want to be as up to date and informative as you! I just need to change my priorities I guess. I want my blog to be like a baby book, scrapbook, photo album since I don't do any of those things separately and I am horrible at it. Only room to improve, I guess!
Post a Comment