Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fletcher's Last Day of School

Friday was Fletcher's last day of school at Children of Grace. I have no intention of enrolling him anywhere else. They were wonderful with him and if I put him back in school anywhere, it will be there. One of the main reasons I put him in school at all was so that I could have one-on-one time with the baby. I am so very glad that I did this because I think it was very beneficial, especially when Jesse was gone. But Holden is now over 15 months old and it just felt like the time to bring Fletcher back home.

They were heartbroken to hear that we were leaving. I was shocked when the director offered me a position teaching the four year old class the day that I gave our written notice of Fletcher leaving. It would have been a paid position and the boys could have come with me. It was dangling a carrot in front of this horse. I turned the position down just because I know I would devote myself to doing the absolute best I could do, which in turn would take my focus off some other endeavors I am pursuing. I did offer to go in once each month to supplement their curriculum with some sort of extra-curricular educational activities at no charge. I think it would be fun and beneficial to both parties. We'll see if all of that comes together in the fall.

This was a very hard decision to make, but we went with what we thought was best for our family at this time. Hopefully we all transition well and we have an open invitation to go back and visit our school friends any time we'd like.

Look at how much Fletcher has grown in the time he was at Grace!


Above is his very first day in January 2012. He was one year and almost nine months old! (I can't believe he was already wearing underwear during the days by then and wasn't taking any naps during his time at school either!) Below is his last day there in June 2013. He is three years and two months old. Looking at these photos just reminds me how fast he is growing and for now, I'm happy that I'll be sharing more moments with him at home!