Thursday, August 26, 2010

Food and Drink



Before Jesse left, we went ahead and gave him rice cereal, 10 days before his 4th month birthday. He ate this entire bowl without a fuss. Here are some pictures from that evening.





Today I gave him almost 1 ounce of green beans while Oma and Opa were visiting and we were chatting with Dad. So, all of us got to enjoy the first real food. I love the babycook we have that is an all-in-one steamer and food processor. It's very easy to use and clean up. I managed to get 10 ounces of green beans and 12 ounces of sweet potatoes made last night! I plan on going through all the veggies first, starting with the greens and working my way through, so we'll see how it goes! So, we are moving on to stinkier rainbow colored poop, more colorful stains on clothing, and the monitoring of food allergies!


I have also started to introduce him to cups. We haven't done anything with a sippy cup so far, but he took interest in my cup two days ago and went for it. So, I caught it on film yesterday. Simply an introduction with no expectations at this point, of course. He really seems to like it though, so now I'll be watching him closely as I go for a drink while he's within arm's reach.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

If you don't already, check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com for recipes. I lived by that site when I was making KK's food. I also follow their blog. :)

Linda's life said...

The babycook looks awesome!! Fletcher looked very eagefork eat his green beans!

Kat said...

loved my babycook... currently graham's cousin is borrowing it. Wish I had it for julia!