Friday, August 13, 2010

Raleigh in Early July 2010

For the last two nights of Aaron and Stephanie's visit, we went up to Raleigh so we could catch a ball game and hang out for Stephanie's birthday before their flight that Saturday. One of the first stops we made was a Man vs. Food place: Time Out right by UNC Chapel Hill's campus for their famous Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit.



The final Man vs. Food stop we made was to The Pit (Carolina BBQ). This was the best of the three places we had gone during their visit. In fact, Jesse and I returned when we were in Raleigh overnight for Fletcher's doctor appointment. Mmmm Mmmm!



We drove around the UNC Chapel Hill campus and stopped for a picture of the clock tower.



Stephanie has wanted to take Aaron to the Duke University campus since she came to visit with my mom and Rylie in February 2007. I don't think Jesse had been there before either and I was up for wandering around it again to see it in the summer. It's so beautiful, but way too expensive for these genes, so Fletcher will just have to be content with visits.



Continuing the baseball tour, we were able to attend a Durham Bulls game. Now I have to rent Bull Durham to see what the movie is like. The stadium was really nice and there were many more people there than I had expected. The weather was gorgeous, unlike the unbearable humidity we experienced in Charleston two weeks before.





No comments: