Saturday, May 8, 2010

Splish Splash! Fletcher's First Swim!



Today we (or I should say mostly I) decided to take Fletcher for his first swim. If you know the Cunningham's, you know we were competitive swimmers growing up and we started at an early age. Me being the youngest, I think I started the earliest. I believe I was in the pool at 3 weeks or 6 weeks old. As I write this, I can't remember which. Then it was private lessons and on the competitive team by 5 years of age. Day in and day out, our parents carpooled us and our swim friends to and from the pool at 3 different times (because Amy, Aaron, and I were on different schedules). Weekends were spent at practice or at a swim meet. As I've grown older, I don't quite know how my parents did it all and when I think of swimming, I don't know how they handled that schedule aside from all the other activities we were involved in.

Anyway, today was Fletcher's first dip in something other than the infant/toddler tub for bath time. Oma and Opa Williams were there for the milestone and Jesse was video taping and taking pictures. The swim trunks and shirt with matching hat are courtesy of Aunt Amy who just couldn't resist the purchase. He was so cute, but so angry at me for attempting this today. Mark my words...one day he'll be dying to get in the water and be impatient waiting for me to be ready.

 
After I forced him to go "swimming," his dad came to the rescue and bundled him up and gave him some loving in a dry environment. (I don't know why the picture of Jesse with him is sideways.)

 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Too cute! Love the swim outfit! :)