We were able to fly to Minnesota for my cousin, Lyssa's wedding last weekend. It was a great opportunity for us to see extended family that we haven't seen in 6 years and everyone was excited to meet Fletcher! I got a picture of him with each person that held him and took several pictures of him during the trip there and the trip back.
He was a great traveller and Mom and Dad worked well as a team. On the way there, there was a fire on the terminal train in the Atlanta airport and we were stuck among thousands of people. There are a few shots when the crowds were just beginning. Once we were up in Terminal A it was much worse and I didn't even want to take out my camera for pictures. I just wanted to get my baby safely out of the area and to the gate for our departure.
Considering how much he was passed around, he did a great job with the visits surrounding the wedding night. The night of the wedding and reception, he did well until there was an issue with the sound system that hurt his ears and scared him quite a bit. (In all honesty, I think I was more upset about it than he was.) I don't think he recovered until he was upstairs, fed, and asleep in a peaceful environment, but we tried. Thank goodness we had such good friends and family members there to help us with him so we could be a part of the festivities as well!
After 6 short weeks of being home with several trips, visitors, and activities going on, I head back to work on Tuesday to finish off the school year. Jesse's parents just arrived to stay for two weeks to babysit their favorite (and only) grandson, so I better get going!
Happy Memorial Day to everyone, and take a second to remember why it is that you have this day off from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment