Monday, May 17, 2010

One Month Stats

It's hard to believe a month has gone by. During the first week, I kept telling myself that it would get easier. Same thing the second week because it was easier than the first week. Once we hit the fourth week, I looked back on how hard the first and second weeks were and was glad to be in Week Four. But as the weeks fly by, I keep saying that I don't want him to grow up too fast. I want to enjoy every minute that I can even if nothing else seems to get done. You just don't get this time back once it's gone!

Today at the doctor he landed in the 100th percentile for head circumference at 16.75in. and 99th percentile for height at 24in. and 95 percentile for weight at 12lbs. 7oz. Overall, we are blessed with a healthy boy.

He's had an eventful first month. After being discharged from the hospital, he's had:
3 overnight visitors, 5 trips to the lab for bilirubin level checks, 6 doctor's appointments, 2 doctor's visits for Mom, 2 vaccination shots, 1 road trip, and many firsts to include: 1st bath, 1st swim, 1st bottle, 1st playdate, 1st night out, 1st hair and eyebrow appointment with Mom, 1st pedicure with Mom, and many breakfasts, lunches, and dinners out!

On his birthday, I sat him next to a few stuffed animals. I plan on taking his picture next to these as the months go by so you can see growth. As I put him in the bouncer, I started playing with him and captured a few smiles. He's so cute and making more and more noises.

 

Last week, Jesse gave Fletcher his first bottle. He took to it very well! So, now he gets the bottle feeding once or twice a day!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

smiles already? wow!!!

Robyn said...

It really does get easier and more fun each day. Looking back, it was tough at first. But right around the time Gemma could sit up on her own it became so much easier and rewarding!!