Of a strong, healthy heartbeat.
We heard it for the first time at eight-and-a-half weeks along. Jesse was here for it this time, which brought me to tears. Of course, I'm not far enough along that we could make a whole lot out with the picture, but we got to enjoy the little bean and I recorded the heartbeat. We went through lab work and insurance paperwork. We definitely pay for it each month, but I love the fact that during this pregnancy (and last) I don't have a single co-pay to pay or bill to expect, with a few exceptions, like a circumcision if this is another boy. The heart rate was 171 and I immediately thought, "Oh it must be a girl," but the tech told me all heart rates are this high when they are this young. As long as it's healthy, we'll take a boy or a girl, just like last time.
We talked with the doctor about the suspected depression, but I didn't want to take medication for the sickness as well as possible depression. She took the words right out of my mouth when she suggested I take Zofran for the sickness and see if that makes me feel better in general. So, Zofran it is. We'll see if it can make things a little bit better.
We also let our families know the news over the past week via special M&M's. If you can't tell from the picture, some have a rattle, some say "Boy or Girl?" or "Guess what?" or "Due March 1st." The only worry I had with them was that they might melt in the mail, but luckily that didn't happen. It was a little more expensive than the e-mails and phone calls we made when we spread the news about Fletcher, but I wanted to do something different and special for this little one.
My mom told me that when my family in Colorado opened the package, they played a game. Each person had to pick out one M&M and they'd count up the colors and see if it would be a boy or a girl. One person drew a pink, one person drew a blue, and everyone else drew a yellow. So, it's just as conclusive as those "feelings" that some pregnant women get...there's a 50% chance they are right. I haven't had those feelings, but sometimes I imagine the kiddo, just like I did with Fletcher. Sometimes it's a boy and sometimes it's a girl. Honestly, even after we found out Fletcher was a boy, I would still catch myself thinking of a little girl. We'll see what I'll have to think about with this one. Maybe we should have a blog poll and see what my amazing followers think we'll be having?!
1 comment:
Cutest idea!!!
Post a Comment