Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baby Week on the Williams Blog, or...BW on the WB!

The following was written on July 3, 2011. This pregnancy test was taken on June 28, 2011.


Well, the doctor visit confirmed it...I'm pregnant with Baby #2. We wanted our children about two-and-a-half years apart, but I always liked how my brother and I were two years apart in school. So, with Baby #1 born in the spring, we couldn't have Baby #2 in the fall and have them two years apart in school. So...we debated about having 3 years difference between the two or just having them closer in age. We never wanted to get out of the baby stage and then have to start over, so closer together it is! They should be about 22-23 months apart in age.

The online due date calculator I used was spot on with a due date of April 9th for Fletcher and this time around, it shows March 1st. The nurse at the doctor's office said March 2nd, but I don't think the little due date wheels they use account for Leap Day 2012, thus bumping it back one day. That's right...we could have a little Leap Day Baby on our hands.

When Jesse got home from work, I shared the confirmation with him. Then a serious conversation followed. Jesse was going to have to travel again and was informed that he won't return until mid-March.  This is obviously less than ideal for us and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do if he can't be there with me through the delivery experience. But I'm trying not to think like that. I'm hoping the people he works with will work with him and he'll be able to come home a few weeks early. I'm praying that one way or another he'll be here to welcome his second child into the world.

I figure these doctors have dealt with situations like this many times, with several dads away from home, but on their way back, and I'm hoping that they'll work with us as well. I was induced at 41 weeks with Fletcher, and if that happens with Baby #2, it would be March 8th, but hopefully if it's safe for Baby and Mommy, maybe they'll let me hold off another week so Daddy can be there. Every pregnancy is different though, so we'll just have to see what unfolds over time. Prayers for Jesse's presence at the delivery would be much appreciated. So keep saying them until March.

This wonderful news should be actual news to most of you, but for those of you that already know our tiny, precious secret...feel free to talk all you want about it...the news has gone public as of now! (We don't like to share until we're out of the first trimester and on Thursday, I'm 13 weeks along!) Keep checking in this week for posts that I've written during the first trimester to capture my thoughts along the way, for I have declared this week Baby Week on the Williams Blog, or BW on the WB!

8 comments:

olmofamily said...

I am elated for you and Jesse and Fletcher, of course...what wonderful news. We had the EXACT same concerns about Luis/due date/deployment that you are having to consider- so that's just to say, I understand & have you guys in my prayers. Congrats again:)!

Angel Oliver said...

Great news!!! The William's family is expanding. More cousins for my little guy. Also, I see how your blogs are posted as "Wife of one and Mom to another"...that will need to be changed to "Wife of one and Mom to others" lol.

The Neerings Family said...

Awesome, congratulations you 3!!!
A friend of mine explained to me--when telling me about their baby #2 that would put their kids 15 months apart--that it was like a punch in the face. Would you rather be punched once knowing that another one was coming later? Or would you just rather be punched twice and get it over with? He preferred the double punch, Paul & I like to spread ours out. {Yes, my friend is the dad.}
So jealous of your Spring babies!!! Paul & I have tried to get baby #3 to be born in the Spring. I am SOOO over being pregnant through AZ summers, 2 times is plenty. However, our plan has not worked. Not preggo yet and that already puts us out to May. :o( For some reason I think I'm destined for summer babies.

Robyn said...

Congrats! very exciting

Melissa said...

Congrats!

missa said...

Yeah for leap year baby....We were one day away from Ethan being a leap year baby. I was really praying that he would be born on the 29th and everyone laughed thinking I would not have him until at least a week later. He was born on the 28th :)

David & Michelle said...

We need more leap year people !!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

We are here for you and Fletcher can hang out with Uncle Dave & Aunt Michelle while his new brother or sister comes home !!

We luv you all and will say an extra prayer for all your hopes and dreams to come true.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!

I read your weepy post, so am wondering how you are feeling now that you are out of the first trimester park. When those weeks aren't going well, they sure seem to stretch on forever.

I hope your second trimester has you glowing and feeling on top of the world! You have a precious baby on the way... WOW.

- Sarah