I've had a hard time catching up with things around here and getting ahead on anything since our five week vacation came to an end. I don't even know when I'll get around to sorting, editing, organizing, labeling, and posting any pictures from that, but I will try! It seems like my days have been spent babyproofing, rearranging, and reorganizing baby clothes this last week, in addition to the regular day to day upkeep.
Fletcher is definitely a different kiddo than when we left on October 20th. It's hard to believe he'll be 8 months old next week! (Hard to believe I'll be 31 too! Yikes!) With age comes more experience and Fletcher is searching for experience around every corner.
Here's how he now plays in his exersaucer: (Although I still put him in it at times.)
Here's his favorite sleeping position: I also had to drop his crib again because of his desire to pull himself up. And after reading my friend Robyn's scare and advice not to wait...I didn't wait one more day!
Here is an example of him searching for adventure: I have since blocked this area.
Here is how he eats now. It's finger food time! This is tofu. He's also had Cheerios and star puffs, along with sloppy fruits and veggies.
And here is what Dad won't like seeing. It's hard to teach what belongs to Knuckles and what belongs to Fletcher. Of course he sees Knuckles chew on things and he likes to chew on things, so why not chew on the same things? Same with drinking from the dog dish. He noticed it the night before and I put them up. The next morning, he went for it and had a ball. I had to sit back and snap pictures and allow him to explore before intervening. Then, of course I had to change him and clean up. Since then, he's only gone for it once. Otherwise, he just looks and then moves past them. So there's hope, but probably only hope. (I took two videos of it too. I have tried uploading them twice today and it's not working so I'll try later.)
Here's his reaction when Mommy stepped in and stopped the fun:
I'm starting to see why parents have less and less time with each child and as the children grow.


No comments:
Post a Comment