Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas...

Lean your ear this way...

Fletcher met Santa Claus today! I really debated about taking him for pictures with Santa because I've always seen extra long lines, kids all dolled up and uncomfortable, crying because they have been waiting in line for hours so Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa could get a picture of them on some strange man's lap while he's dressed up in a red and white suit, wearing a hat, glasses, and a fake beard. Not that all men that play Santa are strange, but they are technically a stranger to you and your children. And, you pay money to have your child sit on his lap and force them to smile about it. What an odd tradition.

However, I looked in to getting pictures at the mall here because it is his very first Christmas and that will only happen once. Online I saw that they had a Fast Pass to the front of the line if you ordered your pictures before actually heading to the mall. You just had to use it before December 24, 2010. So, I ordered four prints, got a CD of the images, and got a gift card to Shutterfly for $20, which made it worth it even more. On top of that, I decided to get there just before it opened. (One of the perks of not working M-F business hours.) I only waited behind 2 people, and technically, because of the pass, I only had to wait behind one. But I told them to let the lady ahead of me just get her's done before her daughter possibly got upset. By the time we were done, the line was about 12-15 people long. Job well done.

Fletcher had on a green and blue shirt with a reindeer flying a plane. So, he was in line with the theme, but comfortable. Once on Santa's lap...he wouldn't smile. He didn't cry, but he just sat there...staring at us like we were crazy as we did all sorts of things to try and get him to smile. I thought to myself that they should have cameras capturing that because I'm sure it's pretty funny to see. The things we do to get a child to smile for the flash. Anyway, he did a partial smile and that's the print we went with. Here it is!


No comments: