Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Memory: Jesse's October 2000 Visit

Time: Late September/Early October 2000 Place: Tempe, Arizona

When I left Sicily on June 30th, Jesse and I decided to give our relationship an international long distance chance that wound up in a lot of international phone calls and hundreds of dollars in phone bills. We did some e-mailing too, but we talked pretty regularly on the phone.

He took leave in the fall and came out to Arizona for about 10 days to visit me, meet my family and friends, and see where I lived. This was still when we could go to the gate and wait for people to get off the airplane. Liz and Kat came with me and took pictures of our reunion.



After an exhausting trip from Sicily back to Phoenix through several delays and round about ways through time zones, he was happy to be there, but exhausted at the same time.


Jesse had to meet several people when he was in town. He met my family at Flicka's, where I worked one of my jobs at the time. Then he went out with my brother and his friends. I had a party at my house so he could meet my other friends. Here he is with Corey and Henry who ended up stealing him from the party and taking him out instead. He also met Liz, Kat, and Kirsten among others.


We went out to dinner several times, watched the sunset from Hole in the Rock, went to an ASU Sun Devils game, he met a lot of people, and we just enjoyed being around each other again for about 10 days!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Oh wow, we look so young!