A winter storm warning went into effect here yesterday, across most Southern states and up the East Coast through Virginia. We didn't get a whole lot of solid snow down here, but rather a wintery mix of snow and rain, leaving us with some solid ice. This is what they're more worried about over the next 48 hours. I of course have decided not to go anywhere I don't have to. Growing up in Phoenix doesn't prepare you for most weather patterns. Monsoons, flooding, dust storms, and extreme heat were what we dealt with. Driving on icy roads was not. So, my back patio, front driveway, and even the yard is just frozen. Knuckles is having quite the experience when she ventures out into the grass slipping and sliding. I spent the day catching up on dishes and laundry. (Funny how that's a victory the older you get!) I also finished one of my grad classes. This week was exhausting at work, so I took a few hours to catch up on sleep as well. Good day to nap!


This is a SADurday because my mom called me yesterday to tell me that she had to put my last childhood pet down to sleep. Tigger was a cat that I nursed to health after he was taken from his mother in 1993. He was best friends with our dog Ginger. He acted like her most of the time, following whatever dog habits she had. They were both characters. Anyway, Tigger was almost 17 years old and had lived with our other cat Jupiter (who died at 19 years old), and our dogs Ginger and Rooster. All of them are gone now. He was mostly my cat until I left the house and then he became my father's. The pictures below are out of a scrapbook that I made for my pets. Some day I'll upload the whole thing, but excuse the layout here. The spacing is because it's a small album and it scanned as full pages into the computer.











1 comment:
I love the pics of you when you were "little" with your pets, cute!
Post a Comment