Well, our little man is three now! I don't know where the past year went at all. He had a very special birthday weekend with his oparents in attendance this year! We had our typical backyard party, but not as many people as normal showed up. In fact, this was one where I didn't hear back from a lot of people or they said they were coming and then didn't show up. In addition, we've done a lot of our parties on Sunday afternoons and since we had this one on a Saturday, I think there were more conflicts. At any rate, he didn't know the difference and had a wonderful time, so that is all that matters!
I made this sign with Fletcher's handprints a few weeks before his party. It was a nice rainy day project. Then, I decided to dye a bunch of white socks yellow so that we could give out yellow Gox box socks as party favors. I wrote on the note..."I like to box. How I like to box! So, every day, I box my Gox. In yellow socks, I box my Gox. I box in yellow Gox box socks." -Dr. Seuss. Wear your Gox box socks the next time you enjoy your favorite Dr. Seuss book! Thanks for celebrating Fletcher's 3rd Birthday with us!
The day of the party, Holden and Knuckles were ready for fun and Fletcher helped me ice one cupcake.
I made blue cupcakes with Swedish Fish toppings and followed an online recipe to make this goldfish cake and the shark watermelon. I dyed coconut blue to make the water around the shark and fish.
Staying with the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish theme, we also had...
A Gack to ring out back. (Inflatable antlers around a crocodile toy of ours with a frisbee ring).
What's a fish themed party without some fishing? So, I used a stick and tied a string to one end and a magnetic clip to the other end. The bucket served as the pond and kids fished for stickers. Each sticker had a paper clip on it to attract the magnet.
Most of the time, everyone just played!
Here are all the guests. Miss Paula stopped by with a gift and a hug as she took her teenager to another event. Miss Heather came by with Meghan to deliver a few gifts before they went to another occasion. Our new neighbors, Joe and Victoria and their children, Aurorarain and Riley came over. KP and her son, Charlie were here too!
I took the annual Allen Family photo of Claire and Greyson with Matt and Lauren. We got a family picture of our family as well.
Tristan did not want to stand with his mom, Katie, and his brother Jackson for their picture, but I just love his facial expression, don't you?
And, a picture of the Daniels Family wasn't happening either, but here are Hank, Joe, and Josh in separate shots and I don't have one of Jen and Clay.
Here are some pictures Jen took of the Happy Birthday and cake with candles moment.
After the party, clean-up, and baths, we let Fletcher open some gifts.
The next morning, I got a picture of the boys with Oma and Opa before they left (because I forgot to get one the day before!) They were wearing their matching shirts that Oma bought them.
On Fletcher's actual birthday, he took cupcakes to school. (There's also a picture of him playing with his bead game that he loves.) Daddy picked him up from school that day and took him on a father/son date to the movies. This was the first time Fletcher has ever gone to a movie in a movie theater. They went to see The Croods and shared popcorn and a drink. He loved it!
Our photographer, Miss Lauren came over to wish him a happy birthday. She thought his party was on Sunday instead of Saturday, so she missed it. But, now we'll miss her. She's moving to Texas, so this was also a farewell visit.
Then Fletcher got to open more gifts.
Here's a picture I got of him with all of his gifts.
The next day, I remembered to get a picture of him with Giraffe, Lion, and Footy.




























1 comment:
You know I was in love with this party theme!!!
Post a Comment