Saturday, February 11, 2012

An Itty Bitty Update

Well, the weeks just keep flying by and I'm now within three weeks of the due date. The nesting continued as I went through my teacher files, personal files, and boxes from my childhood. I even went through a box of pictures that Jesse's had for 12 years, organized and labeled them, and placed them in albums. We also organized some closets, moved half of our couch upstairs, and bought some guest bedroom furniture. I pulled out the tiny newborn diapers and set some things up around here for the wee one when he makes his arrival. I re-packed the diaper bag to hold things for both children. I also finally organized the pantry and hall closet.

I drafted a 17 page document covering (almost) everything someone would need to know about Fletcher and a typical day. I printed it yesterday and have since thought of two things someone might want to know while they are staying here without us. Aside from the two of us, we really don't have someone that interacts with him on a daily basis at home and we don't have family in town. With the help of a few neighbors and a three hour drive for the Oparents, we're hoping the gaps get filled if Holden makes his arrival before my mom does. I will say 4 of the pages are driving directions specifically for her and I made the font larger for the gracefully aging eyes of Fletcher's grandparents. Does that make me sound less type-A? You should have seen the amount of paper I used for 6 weeks of lesson plans and notes about school procedures and individual needs of each child in a classroom when I had Fletcher's arrival to prepare for!

With all of that done, time has been running out for the hobby projects I was hoping to get done. I guess the wedding scrapbook will have to wait a couple more years!

Here are two pregnancy pictures. The first is me at 32 weeks and the second is at 33 weeks. The ones that follow are at 37 weeks. The final one is obviously my favorite.






At 34 weeks, I had an appointment and asked the ultrasound tech if she could try to get a better 3D Ultrasound picture of the baby or see if he had changed position. She was able to get a couple good shots and he had changed positions and was head down. At 37 weeks, he was still head down, so hopefully he'll stay in the ready position.

Here's the regular ultrasound and you can see his hand by his head. In the 3Ds that follow, you can see his hand there too. I asked her if it was still a boy for sure and she said, "Yep...I just passed over his scrotum." Then she went back and snapped two shots of the proof that he is, in fact, a baby of the male variety.





It was great to see him again. He's moving around a lot lately, and seems to move in polar opposite directions at once. My hips still kill me, as they have for months. He continues to push down and I am constantly going to the bathroom, of course. I can still wear my rings and watch, but feel like I shouldn't just in case I go into labor. I don't want to speak too soon, but my feet and ankles were swollen quite a bit for quite awhile last time, and so far, so good in the swelling department this time around. There's just a tiny ring left by my socks when they come off. I have also been having Braxton Hicks Contractions, something I didn't have at all with Fletcher. My body is definitely getting ready!

It's crazy to think we'll have two boys under the age of two in this house at some point in the next month!

1 comment:

olmofamily said...

I am glad that you've been able to get some productive nesting things done these past few months- I love to hear the updates, am so excited to see Holden, and soon!;)