Well, my due date has come and gone again this pregnancy. At first we were sure that I'd go past it this time around again, for no real reason. Then, with the way this baby was putting pressure down on me and how I was feeling pains and contractions in ways that I never felt with Fletcher, I thought he was coming earlier. At my 38 week appointment, I was seriously thinking they may tell me I need to go the hospital. But all along two of the doctors kept telling me that history seems to repeat itself and one was saying that you normally go earlier with your second. Everyone else seems to have different stories, just proving again that there is no way to accurately predict these sorts of things.
Here are some of the latest pregnancy pictures. 39 weeks, 39.5 weeks, and 40 weeks.
My mom was able to come out when Fletcher was born and when we were deciding on when she should make the trip, I told her then that they wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks, so she came at that point so she'd be here when the baby was here. The timing was perfect. I told her the same thing this time around, but she decided to come out early in case I delivered early. So...she arrived on the 28th, about a week before my suggested arrival date of the 5th. There's no baby yet, but she is getting time with Fletcher. She has occupied him long enough to allow me to finish up a couple projects. I'm happy to announce that I'm down to two or three small projects that don't technically have to be completed.
Here are some pictures of Fletcher and Grandma.
Just before Grandma came out, Oma and Opa came up to visit and help with a couple things around here. Opa and Daddy set up the playset and replaced some boards. (We inherited it for free from a neighbor that was moving!) Fletcher enjoyed being outside with them. Oma occupied him around the yard like nobody's business while Daddy and Opa worked on the playset. Fletcher also helped Opa with the drill a couple times. Again, while they were entertaining him, I was able to complete one of my large tasks: organizing, labeling, and uploading the pictures from our trip to Ireland!
Here are some pictures from their quick visit.
I woke up this morning (Saturday) and thought to myself that this time next week, we'll either be waking up at home for the first weekend with two kiddos or we'll be waking up in the hospital before bringing our new little bundle of joy home. Either way, Holden will be here! I just pray that baby and Mommy are healthy through the whole delivery and pray that the Lord gives us all patience with the changes to come! (Especially me in my hormonal state!)






1 comment:
Those last few days/weeks of waiting and the unknown are so tough! How exciting that it will only be a week either way! :) Good luck!
Post a Comment